As I contemplate this post, a thought hits me. “It’s freaking March!” What goes on in March?!? St. Patrick’s Day (March 17, 2010). And what’s the typical color of this day? Green!!! My favorite color. I need to knit something green. Do I need an excuse to knit something green? No, but having a plan is always good
A few things to catch you up on:
- Started a new project with my iphone. Just me, my iphone camera, and what I can “capture”. Therefore I dubb thee “icapture”. Almost exactly like the 365 project except no”me” photos. But I don’t know if I can do one a day. I would like to take random and not so random pictures. I don’t want to be boxed in and have this dreaded feeling of “oh I have to post something e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y….eekkk.” Anywho, here’s one for ya. Main goal with this project–>no editing, what the iphone gives me is what I present to you.
- I’m not really a good poster/active participant in anything but the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry has a really great KAL going on this March. The March 2010 Mystery sock by Kristi Geraci is really pretty and I had to join.
And the mystery begins…
- Yarn: Rio de la Plata Multicolor sock yarn
- 437yd/3.53oz (400m/100g)
- Fingering weight.
- Sadly they yarn has been discontinued
- Needles: 2.25mm Hiya Hiya circular
- Thoughts: it’s fuzzy. Reminds me of Schaefer Anne.
- Currently reading:Middlesex: A Novel (Oprah’s Book Club). An interesting read 1/3 the way through, don’t really have the “urge” to quickly finish. I pick it up when I don’t feel like knitting or am not on the net (which is rare in both cases). But it’s not a bad read where I eventually let it slip under my bed
- Currently listening to: The City of Ember (Book of Ember). Just found out this is book 1 of a series and so far I think I may get the rest. I know it’s a teen book but it’s actually very good and reader Wendy Dillon does a really good job with the character voices. This audiobook has sound effects pulling you into the story even more.
(End of a long day, driving home after a day of rain. Storm clouds can be very pretty and seductive.)
***Heads up, I’m very prone to all aspects of nature so there will be quite a lot of those images.