Yay! A new pair 🙂
Hobby Lobby’s yarn bee brand yarn. It’s ok. Get it for cheaper and use the 40% off coupon. It’s not worth paying full price for. It feels dryer than other 75/25 workhorse sock yarns. It’s nice to have a matched up pair. I don’t mind fraternals but every now and again, it’s nice to know almost exactly where to knit.
Still working on the March Mystery socks but as I do this KAL I realize that if I have to wait, I kind of lose steam for the project. The 3rd clue was posted this past Sunday but I have yet to tackle it. It’s not a boring knit, I guess it’s because I started other projects and the mystery sock’s shininess has worn off. Hopefully by the time I get the 4th clue, maybe I can get some more speed.
- Hiya Hiya stainless steel needles. I have a funky reaction to Knit Picks nickel plated ones and the Addi brass. They end up tarnished like crazy after knitting 12 rounds or so. KP’s Harmony needles were what I settled on, but I want to be speedy and see my needle when using dark yarns. So yay! for hiya hiya. I’ve been accumulating the longer ones lately so I could knit my pairs at the same time. 47″ and 60″ circs work really well for me. I like the extra room. Although 60″ may be a bit too roomy.
- I’ve been eyeing their new interchangeable set. I keep telling myself I already have the Harmony set, so I don’t “need” it. But gosh darn it, I WANT it!
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister ehh, maybe I just didn’t get into it. It felt draggy until maybe a bit past the middle. Then in got better. The ending (epilogue) was pretty deep, don’t know how I feel about the final thought(s).
- Next up: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (Book 1)I could read it, but…well, I tried and it just wasn’t working. At least this way I can listen, knit and enjoy the reader’s amazing skill with all the character voices.
- Instead of finishing up my current reads (I think I’m supposidly working through 5), I decided to start another book (The Lovely Bones). It’s been hard because I want to read and knit but can only do one at a time. One day, I really hope I can do both at once.